Your challenge today is to cook at home. This Honey-Glazed Salmon recipe is SUPER easy and extremely healthy for you. I found this recipe first on Pinterest from Damn Delicious but will put my own spin to it sometimes by using Italian seasoning or crushed red pepper in place of Thyme. I will also substitute agave syrup, if I don’t have honey on hand and regular vinegar in place of white wine vinegar.
That’s the best part of cooking at home. You can make it however you want with whatever ingredients you have!
- 1/4 cup of honey (or agave syrup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBsp olive oil
- 1 TBsp white wine vinegar (or any vinegar you have on hand)
- 1 TBsp fresh thyme leaves (or any of your favorite herbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 lbs of salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 mins. You can also cook on a grill as well.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa and veggies or on top a fresh salad with legumes and beans (garbanzo beans are my favorite!).
What will you be cooking tonight? Tell me below!
Sabrina Skiles founded Homegrown Houston as a lifestyle resource for millennial women. She shares daily inspirations from fashion and home décor to family and motherhood to health and wellness.
In addition to lifestyle, she is also passionate about bringing more awareness to psoriasis and psoriatic disease. Sabrina has been living with psoriasis for 15+ years.
Throughout this time she has tried everything from biologics, topicals, tar shampoo and light therapy. She also lived in Maui, Seattle and now currently Houston—so she understands current challenges psoriasis patients face on a day-to-day basis and how environment can play a role in managing psoriasis and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Sabrina is also a volunteer mentor and coach for the National Psoriasis Foundation providing guidance to those newly diagnosed.
Sabrina’s mission is to empower millennial moms to find their self-confidence while getting rid of the mom guilt; and empower those living with psoriatic disease that it’s possible to live a healthy, happy and fashionable life.
Currently, you can see Sabrina sharing her psoriasis patient expert insights at Healthcentral. She has also written for Everyday Health, Healthline, Makeup.com and Webmd.
Sabrina has been featured with SELF Magazine, SheKnows and on the cover of Health Monitor Magazine’s Guide to Living with Psoriasis.
Sabrina and her husband Chris have been married for eight years. They have two young boys, Declan(2.5) and Beckett(7 months). They love to travel, try new food and binge watch new Netflix series. You will always see Sabrina with coffee(or wine) in her hand.
NPF Psoriasis Goal Check-InAugust 31, 2015 at 6:39 pm
[…] Anyone who knows me, knows I love cooking at home. Tonight I made a honey-glazed salmon. Click here for the easy […]