Living with psoriasis can be difficult. Living with psoriasis, in the Spring and Summer can be even more difficult. But I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be! It just takes a little bit of confidence and knowing what fabrics work for you. Here are the top 5 ways to welcome Spring while living with psoriasis.
- First and foremost, find a natural complimentary treatment that works for you.
- That’s why when I came across MetaDerm which has NPF’s Seal of Recognition, I was excited to learn about its natural, botanical ingredients. You can feel safe using it every day alongside any other psoriasis treatment you may be on.
- Check out more about living with psoriasis while on MetaDerm
- It’s because of MetaDerm that I feel confident enough to wear dresses, short sleeves and shorts.
- Bright fabrics + colors make all the difference
- Opt for quarter length sleeves
- Dress it up
- No matter what mood you’re in, simply pair a dress with flats and a light sweater and you’re ready to take on the world (with or without a flare up!).
- Any of these light-weight maxi dresses are perfect for Spring or Summer, when you’re not quite ready to show some skin: Global Citizen Print Maxi Dress, Paisley Elbow Sleeve Maxi or this Striped Bubble Max Dress.
- Embrace your flares
- If you’re having a particularly good day, then take it as a chance to embrace your flares. Ever since I started doing that, I feel so much better. It gives you this freedom you never would’ve dreamed up. Sounds silly, I know. But give it a try and let me know how it makes you feel!
Also, because I’m always about being an empowered patient. Here are some interesting psoriasis stats that you may or may not know.
- Psoriasis is an auto immune disease which affects the immune system
- Psoriasis is NOT contagious
- 125 million (yes, you read that right) million people worldwide have psoriasis
- 1/3 of people develop psoriasis by 20
- Most are diagnosed between 15-35, but it can develop at any age
- 60% are not satisfied with their products
- Nearly 60% of people with psoriasis reported their disease to be a large problem in their everyday life
- About one out of three people with psoriasis report having a relative with psoriasis
- If one parent has psoriasis, a child has about a 10% chance of having psoriasis. If both parents have psoriasis, a child has approximately a 50% chance of developing the disease
Read all about my MetaDerm Journey about Living with Psoriasis, Why I’m Thankful for Psoriasis and Psoriasis Treatment, Overcoming Setback (like when a psoriasis treatment stops working) + Tips for the New Year.
This is a sponsored post by MetaDerm but all thoughts are my own. #sponsored #MetaDerm #PsoFlareFree