Sabrina Skiles is a lifestyle resource for millennial women and those living with chronic conditions. She shares daily inspiration from health and wellness, motherhood and marriage to managing a chronic disease while living a stylish life.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer just two days after my 35th birthday and has been sharing her story from the very first day of diagnosis. I have also been living with psoriasis for over two decades. I am a volunteer mentor, coach and social ambassador for the National Psoriasis Foundation.
That Crazy Cancer Life
Since initially sharing my own breast cancer journey, I realized the need to bring heightened awareness and attention to what it’s like living with breast cancer as a young woman. The recent stat I read of the median age of a woman being diagnosed with breast cancer is 67, blew me away. There is no way that stat is the same right now. All the messages I continue to receive daily from women under the age of 45 who are being diagnosed with breast cancer, confirms this is happening more and more to young women. I keep thinking the fact that they find my story inspiring means I want to keep reaching as many more women as I can.
While I realize this is a huge undertaking, my overall goal is to help get the conversation started around lowering the age of getting a mammogram from 40 to 30 – that this is truly where my heart is. Led by my passion and commitment to changing the way young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer are seen and treated, I will continue to offer my insight, compassion, and resources to those in need.
I recently won the PM360 Elite Award for Patient Advocate.
That Psoriasis Life
Sabrina has also lived with psoriasis for more than 20 years and frequently addresses the importance of being an empowered and knowledgeable patient.
Throughout this time she has tried everything from biologics, topicals, tar shampoo and light therapy. She also lived in Maui, Seattle, Houston and now currently Denver—so she understands current challenges psoriasis patients face on a day-to-day basis and how environment can play a role in managing psoriasis and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Her overall mission is to encourage young women living with breast cancer and psoriatic disease that is possible to live a healthy, happy and stylish life.
Currently, you can see Sabrina sharing her breast cancer patient insights in here award-winning column HealthCentral Tales from the Chemo Chair and psoriasis patient expert insights at HealthCentral. She has also written for Everyday Health, Healthline, Makeup.com and Webmd.
Sabrina and her husband Chris have been married for 10 years. They have two young boys, Declan(4) and Beckett(2). They love to travel, try new food and binge watch new Netflix series. You will always see Sabrina with coffee(or wine) in her hand.
You can reach Sabrina by emailing her at email@example.com
- ELITE 2020 Patient Advocate, Remedy Health Media, HealthCentral Contributor
- WEGO Health Advocate Online Awards, Best In Show Instagram Nomination, Sept 2020
- WEGO Health Advocate Online Awards, Best Kept Secret Nomination, Sept 2016
- National Psoriasis Foundation, Outstanding Volunteer Nominee, July 2015
- “Knowledge is (P)so Powerful”, Journal of Dermatology Nurses Association, December 2014
- HealtheVoices Conference, Online Influencer & Participant
- National Psoriasis Foundation, Capitol Hill Day
- Janssen Campaign, Online Patient Influencer & Spokesperson, Psoriasis Inside Story
- Celgene Show More of You Psoriasis Campaign: Psoriasis Online Influencer, Interviewed Olympian Dara Torres
- National Psoriasis Foundation Picture Positivity, Interviewed LaLa Anthony
- South By Southwest: Patient Co-Creation Workshop: Psoriasis Patient/Online Influencer & Speaker
- National Psoriasis Foundation National Volunteer Conference: Online influencer, psoriasis blogger & speaker
- National Psoriasis Foundation-LEO Pharma Psoriasis Social Media Event: Psoriasis blogger & participant
- Celgene Blogger Social Media Summit: Psoriasis blogger & participant
- University of Houston, Communications Department, Public Relations Class: Social Media Consultant Speaker