DIY’ing can either be a blast or a pain in the butt! If you have the right amount of patience and creativity you can turn boring pieces of fabric, old clothes, vintage buttons and frames into magnificent pieces of DIY for YOU.
Here are two of my favorites:
Both were super easy to create with things I just had laying around the house (and some cheap pearl and diamond adhesive’s you buy at Michaels for $.99).
Chevron-Striped Jewelry Holder
1) Get an old frame and your favorite piece of fabric (you can buy a small size from the fabric store or cut up an old t-shirt).
2) Lay the fabric over the inside panelling of the frame.
3) Put back into frame.
4) Pin in your favorite pins (they can be pearl or diamond encrusted) in the place you want to hang your jewelry.
5) HANG YOUR JEWELRY!
1) Get an old small frame (like the ones your grandma had or just a small one from the dollar store).
2) Choose your favorite adhesives (can be pearl, diamond, amethyst or any type of jewel).
3) Put into a fun pattern!
4) Get a silk fabric (or a ribbon, since you wont need much to cover the space).
5) Attach the silk fabric to the inside panelling of the frame.
6) Pin in your favorite pin.
7) Hang your ring!
Sabrina Skiles founded Homegrown Houston as a lifestyle resource for millennial women. She shares daily inspirations from fashion and home décor to family and motherhood to health and wellness.
In addition to lifestyle, she is also passionate about bringing more awareness to psoriasis and psoriatic disease. Sabrina has been living with psoriasis for 15+ years.
Throughout this time she has tried everything from biologics, topicals, tar shampoo and light therapy. She also lived in Maui, Seattle and now currently Houston—so she understands current challenges psoriasis patients face on a day-to-day basis and how environment can play a role in managing psoriasis and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Sabrina is also a volunteer mentor and coach for the National Psoriasis Foundation providing guidance to those newly diagnosed.
Sabrina’s mission is to empower millennial moms to find their self-confidence while getting rid of the mom guilt; and empower those living with psoriatic disease that it’s possible to live a healthy, happy and fashionable life.
Currently, you can see Sabrina sharing her psoriasis patient expert insights at Healthcentral. She has also written for Everyday Health, Healthline, Makeup.com and Webmd.
Sabrina has been featured with SELF Magazine, SheKnows and on the cover of Health Monitor Magazine’s Guide to Living with Psoriasis.
Sabrina and her husband Chris have been married for eight years. They have two young boys, Declan(2.5) and Beckett(7 months). They love to travel, try new food and binge watch new Netflix series. You will always see Sabrina with coffee(or wine) in her hand.