If you’re anything like me, then you’ll agree: living with a chronic disease like psoriasis is hard. Finding the right psoriasis treatment is even harder. How about trying to manage your chronic disease while you’re pregnant and breastfeeding? Much harder.
It ain’t easy folks, BUT it’s doable. And I’m doing it. And I’m here to tell you how I’m doing it.
I have partnered with MetaDerm to try their new Health System. And I’m so excited to bring this new partnership to you!
A little psoriasis background on me:
- I have had plaque psoriasis for 15+ years.
- My mother had psoriasis, so I know the genetic factor affects me.
- I have lived in several different states so I know how environmental factors can also play a role in having psoriasis.
- I have tried everything under the sun: topicals, biologics, tar shampoo, tar baths, light therapy, dairy-free diet, turmeric and any other “all cure spices or lotions.”
- I just gave birth to my second son. So I know how pregnancy and hormones can affect psoriasis.
- MetaDerm is the first psoriasis treatment system that integrates professionally-developed support and clinically proven products for a lifetime of flare-free skin.
- MetaDerm has been proven more effective than prescription psoriasis medication.
- 4 out of 5 users achieve clear or almost clear skin.
- MetaDerm is a unique blend of 25 therapeutic botanicals – the M25 blend – helps your skin naturally heal itself – relieving psoriasis symptoms, reducing hyper-inflammation and restoring a healthy balance.
- MetaDerm Monitoring (text messages, emails). From the moment you order MetaDerm, you opt in for supportive monitoring which includes text messages and/or emails. It’s a friendly reminder and extra support when you need it the most. Yes, please!
As I mentioned before, I just concluded my second pregnancy. I know a thing a two about how raging pregnancy hormones immensely affect my flare ups. I know how stressful it is stopping most of your prescription medication that have been working for weeks, months or even years.
There is so much that happens to a woman’s body through pregnancy, much less trying to manage a chronic autoimmune disease like psoriasis. I wanted to give my body time to recover, heal and adjust after giving birth. Which is why I am starting now. I also had an open and honest conversation with my OB about starting MetaDerm postpartum. This is a vital part of your psoriasis diagnosis journey. Make sure to develop an open relationship with all of your doctors, not just your dermatologists. Please note: MetaDerm has been proven safe and effective during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before starting any new treatment.
I will be documenting my MetaDerm journey, the good, the bad and the ugly! I hope you follow along here, on my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below or you can email me at email@example.com.
With my journey, you won’t just get the good parts. Because I know what living with a chronic disease is like. I know how excited we get when a new treatment works. Yes, we’re in the “clear!” and you want to tell the world. But then there’s that incredibly low feeling when all of sudden it just stops working and we don’t know why. You can thank your wonderful immune system for that!
But I’m here to tell you, you are NOT ALONE. I am here every step of the way. That’s why I want to hear from you too! I know it’s always nerve-wracking trying something new, especially in the stressful world of living with a chronic disease. But let’s do it together!
Interested in trying MetaDerm for free? Sign up for a free trial on MetaDerm’s website.
*Please note this is a sponsored post. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.*