How to organize the home office is a hot topic right now, especially for the new year. After polling y’all on my Instagram stories, this was a big request too. So I am happy to be partnering with Lisa from Complete Clutter Control to give you tips on how to organize your home office.
And guess what? I’ve got a great code for y’all for Lisa’s organizing services. Buy one organizing package, get 20% off a second package of the same size. New prices are coming January 1, so if you’d like to take advantage of this year’s prices, you need to do a consult and book/pay before 12/31/2018.
You can scroll down to the see the before and after photos! Read Lisa’s top 5 tips on how to organize the home office below.
- Contain to Control Containing items to control the clutter. If items have free reign on shelves, horizontal surfaces or drawers they will spread and take over.
- Touch Every Item When cleaning out your home office or other rooms in your house, you need to touch everything. This was really good for me! I had some much unnecessary things in my office that touching everything made me clear out about 75% of unwanted items. Yay!
- Get a “To Do” Basket And have a set day to go through it every week. I loved this tip Lisa. As we all know, life can get busy so sometimes we can’t always go through the mail, or the kids artwork at that exact time. So having a designated basket to do this at the same day each week will help with that. I love these IKEA Branas Basket or these Target Fabric Cubes are good options.
- Color Organize Items This surprisingly makes a huge difference, plus it’s easy on the eyes. She started doing this with Chris’ vinyls and I love the way it looks. I’ve started doing this with the boys books and Declan loves finding each color.
- Memorabilia Belongs in Memorabilia Storage Boxes As you can tell from the before photos, I had a lot of memorabilia i.e. photos, frames, year books, scrap books, etc. and it was just taking up space. I’m sure you have a few items like that. Honestly, when was the last time you look through those things? So invest in some of these Weather Tight storage bins, store them away and bring them out when you want to feel a little sentimental.
The far right corner holds a very special place in my heart. Both my mom and dad passed away about 4 and 5 years ago. My mom always collected these precious moment angels and these are now with me. My dad always and I mean always drank Dr. Pepper. This was one of the last Dr. Pepper’s in his house before he passed away. He also collected hummingbirds. Another reason I have a hummingbird with a halo tattooed as well. I love this special little corner for those memories. The black and white photo is of my grand father (on my mom’s side) who was a famous screenwriter in Argentina.
If organizing and decluttering are one of your new years resolutions then definitely check out Lisa with Complete Clutter Control. She is AMAZING and will help you meet all your organizing goals! Tell her I sent you!
Let me know below if organizing is one of your resolutions below, I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to check out my latest post 9 Steps for a Balanced Family Life
Check out the before photos. No judgement please! I’m telling you, I was a mess before Complete Clutter Control 😉